FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading analytics software company, helping businesses in 80+ countries make better decisions that drive higher levels of growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. The company’s groundbreaking use of Big Data and mathematical algorithms to predict consumer behavior has transformed entire industries.
FICO provides analytics software and tools used across multiple industries to manage risk, fight fraud, build more profitable customer relationships, optimize operations and meet strict government regulations. Many of our products reach industry-wide adoption — such as the FICO® Score, the standard measure of consumer credit risk in the United States. FICO solutions leverage open-source standards and cloud computing to maximize flexibility, speed deployment and reduce costs. The company also helps millions of people manage their personal credit health. FICO: Make every decision count™.
Founded in 1956, FICO introduced analytic solutions such as credit scoring that have made credit more widely available, not just in the United States but around the world. We have pioneered the development and application of critical technologies behind decision management. These include predictive analytics, business rules management and optimization. We use these technologies to help businesses improve the precision, consistency and agility of their complex, high–volume decisions.
Our solutions include:
- Customer originations solutions that optimize revenue and profile while controlling risk when making decisions on requests for credit and other services
- Customer growth and retention solutions that improve the profitability of customers while maximizing customer satisfaction
- Debt management solutions that improve collections and recovery for credit grantors, service providers and third-party debt collection agencies
- Fraud management solutions that reduce fraud losses while improving the customer experience
- An integrated platform of tools for decision management that facilitate the rapid development and deployment of analytics
- Scores and predictive analytics that deliver powerful predictions of consumer behavior to help businesses make faster, more profitable decisions
- Consumer programs that enable people to understand their credit and manage their financial health.
FICO clients include:
- Nine of the top 10 companies in the Fortune 500
- More than half of the top 100 banks in the world
- 95 of the 100 largest financial institutions in the U.S., and all the 100 largest U.S. credit card issuers
- More than 600 personal and commercial lines insurers in North America and Europe, including the top 10 US personal lines insurers
- 400+ retailers and general merchandisers, including one-third of the top 100 U.S. retailers
- 150+ healthcare and life sciences companies, including 9 of the world’s top 10 pharmaceuticals companies
- FICO® scores are the most used credit bureau scores in the world, with more than 100 billion scores sold to date. They are available through all of the major consumer reporting agencies in the United States (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) as well as in countries worldwide.
- About 65% of the world’s credit cards are managed using FICO adaptive control systems
- FICO fraud systems protect more than 2.5 billion card accounts worldwide
- FICO® scores are used in three out of four US mortgage originations
- Our myFICO® service has helped millions of Americans take control of their credit health, and is the only place consumers can get their FICO Score from all three major U.S. credit reporting agencies
- FICO has been granted more than 130 patents for analytics and decision management technology
FICO analytic innovations include:
- The first commercially available credit scoring systems
- The first automated origination systems with analytics
- The first insurance underwriting scoring systems
- The first adaptive control systems for managing card accounts
- The first cross-bureau credit scores
- The first small business scoring systems
- The first neural network-based fraud solutions
- The first predictive systems for insurance fraud
- The first analytic systems for retailers to optimize offers and timing
- For more information, see our list of milestones