As the sexiest job of the 21st century, we thought the data scientist deserved a slogan that could fit on a bumper sticker. So last month we ran a slogan competition among FICO data scientists and other employees.
Here is our top 10 list of ways you know you're a data scientist as voted on by members of FICO Labs:
10. You think … “So much data, so littl…”
9. You know what heteroscedasticity is.
8. Your best pick-up lines all include the word “moneyball.”
7. You look at your grocery bill and try to predict what you will buy next.
6. You think data scientists are cool… and you have a theorem to prove it.
5. The numbers talk back.
4. Counting sheep keeps you up at night.
3. You know where all the insights are buried.
2. You have a Kolmogorov-Smirnov hangover.
1. You crunch numbers for breakfast.
The winning entry, “Data Scientists Crunch Numbers for Breakfast,” will be made into a bumper sticker and distributed sometime next month.
Do you have some slogan ideas of your own? Feel free to send them our way by responding to this post. NASA rocket scientists have had great slogans for years; it’s about time that data scientists get some recognition too!