Well I think we are done blogging from InterACT so I thought I would write a quick summary. There were a ton of good sessions and lots of interesting discussions so the links below represent just a tiny fraction of what went on. My key takeaways were:
- Advanced decisioning is not just for financial services any more - insurance, healthcare, telco, CRM, marketing and more are adopting it
- The combination of data analysis and human expertise is a powerful one - whether you are combining the two in building new analytic models or by combining analytic models themselves with business rules
- Empowering the people who understand the business from a strategic level to impact decisions taken at the operational level is key
- There is a tremendous ROI from improving high volume decisions just a little
- As Fair Isaac's head of R&D said, "we are just getting started"
For those of you looking for the links, here they are:
- Blogging from InterACT
- Live from InterACT: So, What is InterACT Then?
- Live from InterACT: Decisions On Call: How the Decision Service Provider (DSP) Model Works
- Live from InterACT: HP Open Bank and EDM
- Live from InterACT (not really): Wired for Action
- Live from InterACT (not really): The Future of Analytics
- Live from InterACT (not really): When Rules Make the Best Medicine
- Live from InterACT (not really): Solving Business Problems at InterACT