In 2017 we commissioned independent research company Ovum to carry out a cybersecurity survey among senior executives, with some surprising results. We and Ovum have just completed an even bigger cybersecurity survey, covering 500 senior executives in 11 countries. Organizations from a range of business were surveyed with sizes ranging in bands from 500 employees up to those with over 10,000 employees.
Through 20 questions, we uncovered some interesting statistics and #cybertrends, including:
- 60% of businesses are expecting levels of investment in cybersecurity to go up in the coming year – for power and utilities companies it was 70%.
- 76% of organizations have some level of cyber risk insurance – but only half of them consider it comprehensive cover.
- When asked how cyber ready their organization is, a massive 95% think they are at least average compared to their competitors – a whopping 39% say they’re ‘top performers’.
Read the paper now for more on the key findings that:
- Organizations are overconfident about their cyber-readiness
- Cyberthreats are rising and increased spending is the positive industry response.
- Take up of cyber-risk insurance (CRI) is growing, but comprehensive use and satisfaction rates are low.
- Pressure to improve cyberthreat protection is increasing from all sources.