A Política de Privacidade de Dados da FICO explica a coleta e o uso de cookies da empresa. Os cookies nos ajudam a lembrar suas configurações para lhe fornecer uma melhor experiência de navegação; nos permitem avaliar, monitorar e melhorar o desempenho do site; e permitem que nossos parceiros façam anúncios para você. Você pode desativar os cookies, ao alterar as configurações do seu navegador, e você também pode nos informar para não compartilhar seus dados de cookies com terceiros. Ao utilizar este site, você concorda com o uso de cookies, conforme descrito na Política de Privacidade de Dados da FICO.
7 de março de 2018
SAN JOSE, Calif. — March 7, 2018
There was a 10 percent increase in the number of payment cards compromised at U.S. ATMs and merchants in 2017, Silicon Valley analytic software firm FICO reported today. The number of compromised card readers at U.S. ATMs, restaurants and merchants rose 8 percent in 2017.
More information: http://www.fico.com/en/products/fico-card-alert-service
FICO’s data comes from the FICO® Card Alert Service, which monitors hundreds of thousands of ATMs and other readers in the US. These figures cover only card fraud occurring at physical devices, not online card fraud.
“The number of compromises and the number of card members impacted set a new record last year,” said TJ Horan, vice president of fraud solutions at FICO. "While most devices are safe, fraudsters are developing new technology and methods for hacking ATMs. This is why it’s important for consumers to be cautious when withdrawing cash, and also for them to check their account regularly and confirm that all the transactions on their debit card are legitimate.”
FICO offers these tips for consumers:
· If an ATM looks odd, or your card doesn’t enter the machine smoothly, consider going somewhere else for your cash.
· Never approach an ATM if anyone is lingering nearby. Never engage in conversations with others around an ATM. Remain in your automobile until other ATM users have left the ATM.
· If your plastic card is captured inside of an ATM, call your card issuer immediately to report it. Sometimes you may think that your card was captured by the ATM when in reality it was later retrieved by a criminal who staged its capture. Either way, you will need to arrange for a replacement card as soon as possible.
· Ask your card issuer for a new card number if you suspect that your payment card may have been compromised at a merchant, restaurant or ATM. It's important to change both your card number and your PIN whenever you experience a potential theft of your personal information.
· Check your card transactions frequently, using online banking and your monthly statement.
· Ask your card provider if they offer account alert technology that will deliver SMS text communications or emails to you in the event that fraudulent activity is suspected on your payment card.
· Update your address and cell phone information for every card you have, so that you can be reached if there is ever a critical situation that requires your immediate attention.
FICO works closely with banks and card issuers around the world to identify fraud trends and shut down card fraud. In addition to FICO® Card Alert Service, FICO offers the FICO® Falcon® Platform, the leading card fraud solution, which protects 2,6+ billion cards worldwide. FICO also offers FICO® Card Compromise Manager, which proactively detects and prioritizes compromised merchants and data breaches, automatically alerting fraud teams.
Sobre a FICO FICO (NYSE: FICO) powers decisions that help people and businesses around the world prosper. Founded in 1956 and based in Silicon Valley, the company is a pioneer in the use of predictive analytics and data science to improve operational decisions. FICO holds more than 185 US and foreign patents on technologies that increase profitability, customer satisfaction and growth for businesses in financial services, telecommunications, health care, retail and many other industries. Using FICO solutions, businesses in more than 100 countries do everything from protecting 2,6 billion payment cards from fraud, to helping people get credit, to ensuring that millions of airplanes and rental cars are in the right place at the right time. Learn more at http://www.fico.com.
Join the conversation at https://twitter.com/fico & http://www.fico.com/en/blogs/
For FICO news and media resources, visit www.fico.com/news.
FICO and Falcon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and in other countries.
Europa, Oriente Médio e África
+44 (0) 209-940-8719
+1 786 482 7231
+55 11 97673-6583
Kit de imprensa