SAN JOSE, CA—January 30, 2013—FICO (NYSE:FICO), the leading provider of analytics and decision management technology, today announced financial results for its first fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2012.
First Quarter Fiscal 2013 GAAP Results
Net income for the quarter totaled $23.4 million, or $0.65 per share, versus $30.0 million, or $0.81 per share, reported in the prior year period. The current quarter results include $2.2 million, net of tax, or $0.06 per share, in restructuring and acquisition related costs.
First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Non-GAAP Results
Beginning in fiscal 2013, the company will report Non-GAAP results for net income, EPS and free cash flow. The Non-GAAP financial measures are described in the financial table captioned “Non-GAAP Results” and are reconciled to the corresponding GAAP results in the financial tables at the end of this release.
- Non-GAAP Net Income for the quarter was $31.8 million vs. $34.5 million in the prior year period.
- Non-GAAP EPS for the quarter was $0.88 vs. $0.94 in the prior year period.
- Free cash flow for the quarter was $19.0 million vs. $32.7 million in the prior year period.
First Quarter Fiscal 2013 GAAP Revenue
The company reported revenues of $190.0 million for the quarter as compared to $170.3 million reported in the prior year period, an increase of 12%.
“We had a strong start to fiscal 2013, with solid Q1 results driven by revenue growth across our entire portfolio,” said Will Lansing, chief executive officer. “The investments we have made during the past nine months, including our acquisitions, are delivering results in line with our plans.”
Revenues for the first quarter fiscal 2013 across each of the company’s three operating segments were as follows:
- Applications revenues, which include the company’s preconfigured Decision Management applications and associated professional services, were $124.7 million in the first quarter compared to $110.2 million in the prior year quarter, an increase of 13%. This was due primarily to revenue associated with last year’s acquisition of Adeptra, Ltd. and increases in revenue from Customer Management and Marketing Solutions, partially offset by a decrease in Fraud Solutions.
- Scores revenues, which include the company’s business-to-business (B2B) scoring solutions and associated professional services, and the myFICO® business-to-consumer (B2C) service, were $43.4 million in the first quarter compared to $42.5 million in the prior year quarter, an increase of 2%.
- Tools revenues, which include Blaze Advisor®, Xpress Optimization and related professional services, were $21.9 million in the first quarter compared to $17.6 million in the prior year quarter, an increase of 24%, primarily due to an increase in Blaze license and professional services partially offset by a decrease in Xpress license sales during the quarter.
As a result of the recently announced acquisition of CR Software LLC, the company is increasing the previously issued revenue guidance for fiscal 2013, as follows:
New Fiscal 2013 GAAP Guidance
Previous Fiscal 2013 GAAP Guidance
$760 million - $770 million
$740 million - $750 million
GAAP Net Income
GAAP Earnings Per Share
Company to Host Conference Call
The company will host a webcast today at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (2:00 p.m. Pacific Time) to report its first quarter fiscal 2013 results and provide various strategic and operational updates. The call can be accessed at FICO's Web site at www.FICO.com/investors. A replay of the webcast will be available through February 28, 2013.
The webcast will also be distributed through the Thomson StreetEvents Network to both institutional and individual investors. Individual investors can listen to the call at www.fulldisclosure.com, Thomson/CCBN's individual investor portal, powered by StreetEvents. Institutional investors can access the call via Thomson's password-protected event management site, StreetEvents (www.streetevents.com).
FICO (NYSE:FICO) delivers superior predictive analytics that drive smarter decisions. The company’s groundbreaking use of mathematics to predict consumer behavior has transformed entire industries and revolutionized the way risk is managed and products are marketed. FICO’s innovative solutions include the FICO® Score — the standard measure of consumer credit risk in the United States — along with the industry-leading solutions for managing credit accounts, identifying and minimizing the impact of fraud, and customizing consumer offers with pinpoint accuracy. Most of the world’s top banks, as well as leading insurers, retailers, pharma businesses and government agencies rely on FICO solutions to accelerate growth, control risk, boost profits and meet regulatory and competitive demands. FICO also helps millions of individuals manage their personal credit health through www.myFICO.com.
FICO: Make every decision count™.
For FICO news and media resources, visit www.fico.com/news.
Statement Concerning Forward-Looking Information
Except for historical information contained herein, the statements contained in this news release that relate to FICO or its business are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the success of the Company’s Decision Management strategy and reengineering initiative, the maintenance of its existing relationships and ability to create new relationships with customers and key alliance partners, its ability to continue to develop new and enhanced products and services, its ability to recruit and retain key technical and managerial personnel, competition, regulatory changes applicable to the use of consumer credit and other data, the failure to realize the anticipated benefits of any acquisitions, continuing material adverse developments in global economic conditions or in the markets we serve, and other risks described from time to time in FICO’s SEC reports, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 30, 2012. If any of these risks or uncertainties materializes, FICO’s results could differ materially from its expectations. FICO disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
FICO, myFICO and Blaze Advisor are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and in other countries.
Take the next step
Connect with FICO for answers to all your product and solution questions. Interested in becoming a business partner? Contact us to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you.