SAN JOSE, Calif. — February 20, 2017
- FICO Xpress Mosel, the leading analytic orchestration, optimization modeling and programming language is now available to everyone free of charge.
- With this release, FICO is enabling the data science community at large to develop and deploy optimization solutions that solve complex, real-world business and customer engagement challenges.
- Xpress Mosel is a key component of FICO Optimization solutions, which help global brands such as Southwest Airlines, Honeywell, and Nestle make better business decisions based on actionable data.
Silicon Valley analytics software firm FICO today announced that Xpress Mosel, the most flexible analytic orchestration, optimization modeling and programming language, is now open to connect to any solver, and is free to use. With this release, anyone can now create optimization models to solve problems more efficiently and make better business decisions based on data.
“FICO is deeply committed to advancing the field of mathematical optimization,” said Oliver Bastert, Ph.D., vice president of optimization product management, FICO. “From the boardroom to the classroom, Xpress Mosel brings significant benefits to any optimization project, which is why we wanted to make it publicly accessible. Now anyone can employ the same technology that optimizes operations for global brands such as Southwest Airlines, Honeywell, and Nestle.”
As the core of all FICO Xpress Optimization solutions, Xpress Mosel serves as the glue that connects business users with data and advanced machine learning/artificial intelligence capabilities. It enables users to rapidly develop and deploy optimization solutions that solve complex, real-world business and customer engagement challenges. Now, by enabling open connections to third-party solvers beyond the FICO® Xpress Solver, optimization professionals may choose their solver technology based on their specific problem characteristics or personal preferences.
“Xpress Mosel gives more power to the developer to create better optimization models in less time. Unlike other solutions on the market, Xpress Mosel allows for every single aspect of the model to be developed and maintained within its development environment. It is a complete modelling and programming language in one,” said Nejat Karabakal, vice president of applied research, Llamasoft.
The benefits of FICO Xpress Mosel include:
- Simple deployment in heterogeneous environments and can be supported on all operating systems.
- Flexibility to solve the most complicated optimization problems, not limited to or by predefined language features.
- Fast optimization models take advantage of the full computing infrastructure through distributed computing, including cloud.
- Rapidly deploy optimization into any use case, ranging from real-time artificial intelligence systems to collaborative business user environments.
- The ability to quickly pivot when circumstances change.
FICO Xpress Mosel is available by downloading the FICO Xpress Community License.
FICO (NYSE: FICO) powers decisions that help people and businesses around the world prosper. Founded in 1956 and based in Silicon Valley, the company is a pioneer in the use of predictive analytics and data science to improve operational decisions. FICO holds more than 180 US and foreign patents on technologies that increase profitability, customer satisfaction and growth for businesses in financial services, manufacturing, telecommunications, health care, retail and many other industries. Using FICO solutions, businesses in more than 100 countries do everything from protecting 2.6 billion payment cards from fraud, to helping people get credit, to ensuring that millions of airplanes and rental cars are in the right place at the right time.
Learn more at www.fico.com.
is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the US and other countries.
Leonora Fleming for FICO
+1 415 975 2253
Europe, Middle East & Africa
+44 (0) 209-940-8719
+1 786 482 7231
+55 11 97673-6583
Take the next step
Connect with FICO for answers to all your product and solution questions. We look forward to hearing from you.