FICO® Xpress Mosel is the leading analytic orchestration, optimization modeling and programming language that is available to anyone free of charge. It is extensible due to its modular architecture and efficient in processing mathematical statements.
Capabilities / Features
Mosel combines the best of both worlds
It is a programming language and high-level algebraic modeling language allowing for easier implementation of optimization algorithms. Its notation is close to the formulation written with mathematical symbols on a sheet. It has been adopted in many practical applications, solving the world’s largest optimization problems in banking, energy, airlines, supply chain and manufacturing.
Driving developer efficiency
Xpress Mosel comes with a powerful profiler and debugger and has the ability to connect to virtually any data source for reading and writing data.
Open and extensible
Developers can write their own packages/modules or use existing ones. Mosel connects to Java, R, Python and MATLAB® via a native interface that exchanges data in-memory. It supports solving of linear, mixed-integer, non-linear and constraint programming problems via the Xpress Solver. Connectors to other solvers can be easily implemented via the native interface.
• Complex features (such as distributed computing) are encapsulated in a manner that it is as simple as writing ‘connect’.
• Users can develop their own packages and use namespaces.
• Mosel provides a rich set of connectors making it possible to solve linear, mixed integer, nonlinear and constraint programming type of problems.
• Users can connect their own optimization solvers via the native interface.
• Supports various network protocols, which makes it easy to distribute workloads across platforms, Linux, Windows or macOS.
• Mosel can be embedded via its fully featured library API to all major programming languages like Java, C/C++ and .NET.
• Make best use of your hardware through remote solving capabilities.
• Reading data into model entities and writing them out into the various formats is easy and configurable to the various needs of formatting.
Mosel video tutorials
Mosel examples repository
Ask a question
Visit the Community
Browse the FICO Xpress Optimization product documentation where you will find installation guides, help for all components and examples. Visit the FICO Optimization Community to download software trials, get support and talk to the experts.