Over on my other blog I posted some notes on the top 10 excuses given for not adopting business rules and other decision automation technologies:
- 10. We tried before and never got any results
- 9. I would like to invest in business rules and decision management but my manager just doesn't get it
- 8. We're doing fine as we are; why fix what isn't broken?
- 7. Why do I need more technology to handle business logic?
- 6. My new operational system will do that
- 5. I can’t afford it
- 4. It will never work
- 3. It will take too long to get results
- 2. Business users wouldn't know what to do with decision automation if they had it